IMPORTANT: Support is moved to the item comments page on Themeforest. If you need support please let us know there.

The forum is closed for new topics, but you can still view existing topics, there's a lot of useful information available.

List of Questions

SeabassWells SAYS

Hello,

These are the questions I emailed you. I put them here because they are much better organized in one post instead of 7 emails.

**THE WP ADMIN AND FTP INFO IS ONLY IN THE EMAIL AND NOT HERE**

1) I’m trying to add a photo for the Volts Staff 1 photo section where it says Meet Our Awesome Team. The photo isn’t showing up in the way I want it to and “Center” “Top” and “Bottom” aren’t resolving it.

a. If I change the size of the image, will that change the way it appears (I tried at 50% and 150% and it seemed to appear in roughly the same place, but perhaps I’m missing something) b. Is there any way where I can just move the image around with my mouse to get it perfect or am I constrained to the “Center” “Top” and “Bottom” options?

2) Will it be possible to make the staff section look like this in any future update? https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7hcdryublzr2dn/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-19%20at%2012.29.05%20PM.png?dl=0

3) Will any future updates allow users to change the order of social icons?

4) The styling options for social icons you provided doesn’t allow the creation of the color-changing effect I mentioned (making the social icons under the staff sections have the same color changing effects as in the sub-header)

5) This section is in the context of these icons: https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

a. You said that WP doesn’t allow HTML code for category titles. I’m just confused because my previous website used the same icons for category titles, as exhibited here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8f4isca8ohk665/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-21%20at%209.10.43%20AM.png?dl=0

Am I missing something?

They even had an effect where when the mouse dragged over them they would get larger and the white color would change.

b. Can I take a screenshot of the icons and do it that way? Is there some alternative option so I can use the icons?

6) The portfolio section (I have it under practice areas) will sometimes not show all the practice areas. Instead of showing the required 19, sometimes it will only show 16 randomly. How do I prevent this from happening?

7) How can I add a line separating the paragraphs of my staff section (perhaps something like the line in the middle of a grid of testimonials or the line that is used for the title)? Thanks !

8) With the contact form, how did you get the Google Maps map?

9) I want to make my contact form 7 so that fields will appear contingent on other fields. Will I mess up the theme if I do this: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-this-is-how-to-showhide-fields-with-jquery

10) How do I make my contact form less long and less wide (like yours). And, how do I change the color of the “send” button. Lastly, how do I make mine responsive like yours?

11) I wanted to change the size of the images so I changed the featured image into smaller images, but that had no effect. So I changed the width of the staff images, but now it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcuvxb3tg5n912j/Screenshot%202014-10-21%2010.49.24.png?dl=0

How do I make it so that the social toolbar and excerpt match up in size to the image?

My goal is to make the two staff members appear in equal size with an equal size social toolbar and description where its centered on the page. I’ve tried make it separate categories and separate boxes. I’ve tried making it all in one module area and adjusting the max height and width. I’m at a loss. What is the best course of action? Thank you very much !!!!!!!! Also, can I get rid of the vertical line next to the category title?

12) The main title in the photo section at the top of the templates is really buggy with updating. I’ve changed the text for staff four times now, and it refuses to change from meet our awesome team. How can I fix this?

13) I’m trying to add a side box next to me 8/12 size contact form (that is 4/12 sized) — to look similar to the demo site.

The problem I’m running into is that they refuse to be at the same height. What is the resolution for this? Would you like further information?

14) As well, the small box doesn’t show the toolbar that includes the option to edit the text. (Both the small box for “title” and the small box for “content”). As well, if I drop a module area into the side area, it just shows up below the contact form, even though there is 4/12 room for it.

15) Can you share your revolution slider settings for the portfolio home page?

16) How do I include buttons, like the ones on your revolution slider? All the options seem to be in a different (less appealing) style.

17) This question becomes meaningless if I see the revolution slider settings of the portfolio template, but otherwise: a) How did you get rid of the white space between the header and slider? b) What is your min. fullscreen height? c) What is your grid height and width? d) How could I change the color of the navigation bullets?

18) None of my “title” or “content” text boxes are showing the ability to edit anymore :(. How do I resolve this?

19) As well, how do I set it up so that the box goes around all the text seamlessly and so it says “Our firm has never lost a trial” in red and the current text and then say “Over” “cases resolved” in black and smaller italic text and then “1,500” in larger red text?

Here’s what I’m referring to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aib3mkc6i746umq/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-22%20at%2011.31.15%20AM.png?dl=0

20) Changing the font of the text doesn’t work either. (I’m specifically referring to my attempt to change the font of the three paragraphs below the slider on the homepage) 21) How do I set up mega menus? I’ve enabled it and chosen number of rows under menus, but now how do I add content to the mega menu?

22) I had to use buttons for spacing on my homepage (you can see at crosscriminallaw.com under learn more). How can I make them unclickable or is there an alternative and superior option?

23) With the portfolio… a) I put in the url its given me and I get a 404 message. For example: http://crosscriminallaw.com/blog/project-view/burglary/ b) How do I change the url so its not under blog/project-view, but instead under /practice-areas/burglary

24) I just wanted to include a reminder that my blog section won’t allow me to add themes and I sent you the FTP and Admin info because you said you would check both out.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH THESE QUESTIONS. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely going to be providing an awesome rating and review of your awesome support. Thanks again.

(Email with the some of these questions originally sent: Oct 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM PST time)

Administrator
Slobodan Kustrimovic SAYS

1) Is the issue that the left guy isn’t fully visible? You can increase the “padding vertical” if that’s the case.

2) Will see what can be done, but can’t say anything for sure. Making bigger changes to the way things work and not messing up all the variations users currently have made with the options is really hard.

3) Yes, perhaps in 1.0.7 ( next is 1.0.6 )

4) Ahh, you are correct, sorry about that, there’s so many features in there I forget what’s available where. The same styling as the ones on the top can not be achieved.

5) WordPress itself doesn’t allow HTML in the titles but custom functionality can always be made, which is I’m sure the case with that previous theme. Volts and Live Composer do not have such a custom feature at the moment. If more customers ask for such a feature we will implement.

6) The ones that don’t show up are drafts, you haven’t published them yet.

7) Add an hr between the paragraphs.

8) It’s a Google Maps feature, copy/paste of code. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3544418?hl=en

9) Skip the step 1 ( about jQuery ) and no need for that 2nd line in step 5. But in general that tutorial is not following best practices, it’s quite poor.

10) Changed it, give it a check.

11) Looking at your website it seems you managed to sort that out.

12) I assume this is sorted out since it says “formidable” now instead of “awesome”

13, 14) Just tried adding that and worked out fine.

15) You can download the import files here 16, 17) The export from 15 should resolve that.

18) Which page do you have those on?

19) Use one text module. The WordPress WYSIWYG editor allows you to choose different colors and font sizes for text to achieve those word stylings.

20) Seems to be working fine, I just changed font options on the middle text module.

21) The mega menus aren’t functional. We didn’t use them in the demo or mentioned it in the description of the theme. It was a planned feature that was removed before the release, but apparently wasn’t completely removed, we’ll remove the remainings in an update.

22) At the moment that section with the buttons looks like it’s doing what it should be doing, unless I’m misunderstanding what’s that area supposed to be.

23) Your default permalink prepend slug is “blog” but you also have a page with the slug “blog” so WordPress got confused what it’s supposed to show and ended up with a 404. I change the slug of the blog page to “my-blog” and it works fine now.

24) Just tried loading a template on this page and it went fine. I might be missing something.

SeabassWells SAYS

Hello,

Thank you for your comprehensive answer to my previous question. There were a couple parts where I’m still confused. If you have the time to answer these, I would really really appreciate it. I really really appreciate your grade A support. Like you wrote on your site, its super important in this industry and you’re doing a great job at it.

Addendum:

1) The left guy is visible. The problem is that they are at different heights and changing the image size for uploading it hasn’t resolved the problem nor has setting a max height.

2) Okay.

3) Great !

4) Okay.

5) Can I take screenshots of the icons and upload those as images for the titles? How do I upload them so they show up for the thumbnails of the portfolio items? Do I put them as the featured image for each portfolio item?

Is there a plugin I can use that will allow for the customized functionality for HTML in titles?

Alternatively, are there rules against me sharing the other theme with you and you include that functionality in your own? I have no idea how IP is treated in themes. Actually, after I reread that, my guess is that its not okay, but I’m not on the development side of things. That’s not okay, right?

6) Thanks.

7) Thanks.

8) Thanks.

9) What’s a better alternative for making contingent fields? Thanks !

10) Beautiful. Thanks.

11) Yes, now the problem is the heights of the images.

Also, I’m still confused on whether I can get rid of the vertical line next to the category title.

12) I’m still getting the problem on all the other pages that has the effect (3 other pages). I’ve tried to change it a bunch of times and it keeps reverting.

13/14) How did you make the transparent separator on the contact page? Its awesome. (Nevermind)

15/16/17) Woohoo. Thanks.

18) Homepage, primarily.

19) Kickass.

20) Cool. I don’t know what was going on, but its working now.

21) Okay. Do you think you’ll ever add them?

22) Well, this becomes a moot point if the transparent separators do what I think they do.

23) Thanks.

24) Yea, the blog still won’t allow me to do any edits at all, including adding module space.

Thank you so much for your assistance. You just won a long-term loyal Dany Duchaine evangelist. Thank you again !!!

Administrator

Hi,

1) Could you make like an example ( in photoshop perhaps ) of how you want that section to look like since I can’t really understand what is the wanted look for it to be able to offer a proper solution.

5) It’s for the “Practice Areas” page correct? In that case, yes, you can use a featured image for that.

9) Well you could try with that tutorial, it’s not the best, but according to the comments it works. Best approach would be hiring a developer, that way you can make sure things are the way you want them and are properly made.

11) Too tall or? It’s because the original images are tall. You could crop the bottom of the images ( not to include the bottom body parts ).

As for the vertical line, I do not see it on the head lawyers page, can you make a screenshot pointing at that line?

12) Just tried it on the “Practice Areas” page and went fine. Could you make a quick video of you changing it, should give me a clue at what’s going on. You can use https://www.screenr.com/ for that.

18) I see a “Content” module on the homepage, but your homepage does not have any regular content ( the native WordPress WYSIWYG editor in the admin ) to output.

21) Not sure, it all depends on the users, if a few more users ask about it we will.

24) Ahhh, I get it now. That blog is a default “fallback” blog, themeforest requires that, it’s not LC powered. In WP Admin > Settings > Reading, set the “Posts Page” to “__Select__”. When you do that the “Blog” page will act as a normal page and allow LC on it.

Regards, Slobodan

SeabassWells SAYS

1) I’ve realized the vertical lines are visible only in the edit mode. Thanks.

2) Is there a google or facebook group or any way I can talk to other users and see if there’s interest in it? I imagine many of them may not necessarily express their interest for each desired update on this forum.

3) Also, how do I add the for the description on the head lawyers page?

4) How do I change the url of the blog to /our-blog

5) Why can’t a grid do 5 posts per row? Why is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 6? (In reference to the grid on the practice areas page)

6) How do I edit this page: http://crosscriminallaw.com/blog/project-view/drug-charges/

Awesome !! Thank you !!

I believe this are my final questions:

1) How do I change the size of an image?

I’ve tried changing the size in Preview before uploading it, but that doesn’t work. It’ll upload images of two different sizes as if they were the same size.

The answer to this should resolve both the staff thing and the practice areas.

7) I can’t get the “Our firm has resolved” text of the homepage to do two things a) It won’t center in the border around it. What do I do? b) How do I get rid of some of the super heavy white space between the slider and the top of the border?

8) I received the following error message when trying to import your slider: importing slider setings and data… Error: Wrong export slider file format! This could be caused because the ZipArchive extension is not enabled.

What do I do?

9) Also, I don’t know if it has to do with updating Safari, but I have images in that top banner set under Fixed that used to fit perfectly and now when I scroll down the page, you see the black space above the image (example: http://crosscriminallaw.com/faq/) Its possible I just didn’t notice it originally. What’s your opinion?

10) For the map on the contact page, how do I make it stretch across the whole page without the above white area, like on your contact page in the example site? I’m using the plugin WP Google Maps to make the map because it requires multiple locations.

Okay, so I copied and pasted the module code for your map and added the text code for mine, but now its just white and nothing shows (exhibited under the contact form).

13) How do I change the colors of the dots under the revolution slider?

14) The contact page won’t let me edit the titles on the sidebar. I want it to say (for the titles):

Free Case Evaluation

Locations

Phone Number

15) How do I make it so that Contact in the header is a different color than the rest of the options?

16) How do I need to set it up so that the three columns under Our Process on the About page can be centered?

Thanks !!!!!!!

SeabassWells SAYS

Two things: 1) I’m still having the problem where I have to update the title in the photo at the top of a page 5 or 6 times before it will “stick” What do I do about this?

2) I keep editing the About page and getting it how I want it and pressing save and then having it not be saved. Three times now I’ve set it up and then it doesn’t save or gives me an error issue. What should I do? This page I desire is as follows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wiwess1t5chzavq/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-24%20at%203.27.07%20PM.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/wiwess1t5chzavq/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-24%20at%203.27.07%20PM.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj9o7c2svx79fbz/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-24%20at%203.27.12%20PM.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1gsa8p8teberbp/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-24%20at%203.27.19%20PM.png?dl=0

Here is all the text:

Award Winning Firm Mission Statement

To protect our clients in the case of any and all legal issues pertaining to criminal law while striving to maintain affordability, efficiency and unparalleled quality. We keep everything strictly confidential while providing a comfortable environment to ease stress.

We uphold our Mission Statement everyday by providing our clients with excellent service at affordable rates. With years of experience & expertise, Cross & Associates is the best service to defend you.

We will defend you aggressively to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients. Nobody matches our level of passion for protecting & defending our clients.

Our Philosophy

We believe in defending our clients professionally and relentlessly to bring them the best possible outcome. Everyday, this mentality is reflected in our actions to serve & protect our clients.

Our years of experience and expertise allows us to understand criminal law far better than our competitors. We know how to protect you during this time, as evidenced by our 1,000+ cases in which every single one has been successfully resolved. We care about you and solving this situation as quickly & affordably as possible.

Our Process Free Case Evaluation

We understand it is a difficult time when dealing with criminal charges. Just because you’re accused, does not mean you are a criminal. We provide case evaluations that help you understand all the best options for your specific situation. Call today at (800) 862-7677.

Comprehensive Defense

We do absolutely everything within our power to provide you with the best criminal defense. Cross & Associates is Northern California’s premier law firm.

Saving Lives

We save lives on a daily basis. We work hard to reduce sentences and save our clients. We understand how tough court can be, so we make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process.

Administrator

Hi,

I couldn’t answer some of these because I couldn’t access the website, says the account is suspended.

2) No, sorry. Even we can’t really talk to the users since Envato doesn’t share the info on who bought our products. You could make a new thread here on the forum and call it like “Feature suggestions”, I’m sure those who are interested will join in.

4) Go to edit the page in the admin, just bellow the title you’ll see “Edit”, click that and you can change that.

5) It’s a 12 column grid. Since 12 isn’t dividable by 5 there can’t be a choice for 5 columns.

10) Go to edit the row and as type choose “Full”, that will make the content in the row take the full page.

13) You can use this CSS code:

.tp-bullets.simplebullets.round .bullet:hover, .tp-bullets.simplebullets.round .bullet.selected, .tp-bullets.simplebullets.navbar .bullet:hover, .tp-bullets.simplebullets.navbar .bullet.selected {
	background: #hexcode;
}

As for the last 2 questions please do a little video of that issue, it’ll help me understand why would it happen since it’s not a known issue. You can use https://www.screenr.com/

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Slobodan

SeabassWells SAYS

Hello,

(I’ll post the links to the videos when they’re done uploading)

I resolved the “Account Suspended” warning.

1) I’ve posted the screen recording for the about us page here (I also want to make three columns of text centered):

2) I can’t upload images for the practice area thumbnails. They’re just regular screenshots and I’ve recorded a video (and I’ve tried multiple sizes and they’re far below the max size):

To make it even stranger, I was able to upload new images for the lawyers without any problem.

10) How do I get rid of the white space between the image at top and the map?

13) Where do I input the code?

Questions that weren’t answerable because site problems:

7) I can’t get the “Our firm has resolved” text of the homepage to do two things a) It won’t center in the border around it. What do I do? b) How do I get rid of some of the super heavy white space between the slider and the top of the border?

8) I received the following error message when trying to import your slider: importing slider setings and data… Error: Wrong export slider file format! This could be caused because the ZipArchive extension is not enabled.

9) Also, I don’t know if it has to do with updating Safari, but I have images in that top banner set under Fixed that used to fit perfectly and now when I scroll down the page, you see the black space above the image (example: http://crosscriminallaw.com/faq/) Its possible I just didn’t notice it originally. What’s your opinion?

14) The contact page won’t let me edit the titles on the sidebar. I want it to say (for the titles):

Free Case Evaluation

Locations

Phone Number

15) How do I make it so that Contact in the header is a different color than the rest of the options?

16) How do I need to set it up so that the three columns under Our Process on the About page can be centered?

I hope your weekend is going really well.

SeabassWells SAYS

Here is one of the completed videos: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqnpge0uh1ry3uc/Screen%20Recording%20–%20Live%20Composer.mov?dl=0

Administrator

Hi,

Getting a 404 page not found for https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqnpge0uh1ry3uc/Screen%20Recording%20–%20Live%20Composer.mov?dl=0

10) There’s a padding vertical option on the row. I changed it now.

13) You can use a plugin like My Custom CSS for custom CSS code.

7) From what it looks at the moment it is centered, I assume you figured it out. As for space between slider and that area, lower down the “padding vertical” option on the row containing the slider.

8) Just tried an import, went fine. The “volts-sliders.zip” is not the package for import. Unpack that and inside are 5 zip files that are for import.

9) Go to edit the row and set “BG Image Attachment” to “Scroll”, the image you are using is not big enough for “Fixed”.

14) Just tried, works fine. To edit the title just click on the title, you’ll be able to modify it. Not the “edit content”, click the title itself.

15) Here’s the CSS code ( replace hexcode with the hex code of the color ):

#menu-item-49 a {
	color: #hexcode !important;
}

16) Edit the module, go to styling then content and in there you’ll see “Text align” option.

Regards, Slobodan

Create An Account Find Your Purchase Code Search The Forum